Scout aims to provide a unified way to parse and edit JSON, Plist, YAML and XML data.
It was designed as a Swift library and a command-line tool.
You can download the latest notarized command-line tool as a pkg or zip, and as tar for Linux distributions
(requires Swift to be installed on your Linux distribution).
Also, a Playground folder is available in the repository to see useful examples with the
same "People" file in the four supported formats.
Scout offers two wikis. One for the Swift package and one for the command-line tool. The wiki for the Swift package is built using docC and is available in the Github pages of the repository.
Swift wiki →
Command-line wiki →
See what's new in Scout 4.0.0 (Command-line) →
See what's new in Scout 4.0.0 (Swift) →
- Supported formats: Plist, JSON, YAML, XML
- Use paths to specify the target value
- CRUD functions:
- Array negative index subscripting
- Set a key name
- Force a type
- Get a dictionary or an array count
- Get a dictionary keys
- Delete an array or dictionary when left empty
- Array slicing for read and delete commands
- Dictionary keys filtering for read and delete commands
- Stream or file input
- Data formats conversion
- Paths listing to iterate over the values in the data
- Find best match in case of a typo
- Syntax highlighting
- CSV export for arrays and dictionaries of arrays
- Folding at a depth level
- Auto-completion for commands
Use scout to read Property Lists
- Scripting OSX