Scout aims to provide a unified way to parse and edit JSON, Plist, YAML (beta) and XML data.
It was designed as a Swift library and a command-line tool.
You can download the latest notarized command-line tool as a pkg or zip, and as tar for Linux distributions
(requires Swift to be installed on your Linux distribution).
Also, a Playground folder is available in the repository to see useful examples with the
same "People" file in the four supported formats.
Go to the wiki →
See what's new in Scout 3.0.0 →
See what's new in Scout 2.0.0 →
- Supported formats: Plist, JSON, YAML, XML
- Use paths to specify the target value
- CRUD functions:
- Array negative index subscripting
- Set a key name
- Force a type
- Get a dictionary or an array count
- Get a dictionary keys
- Delete an array or dictionary when left empty
- Array slicing for read and delete commands
- Dictionary keys filtering for read and delete commands
- Stream or file input
- Data formats conversion
- Paths listing to iterate over the values in the data
- Find best match in case of a typo
- Syntax highlighting
- CSV export for arrays and dictionaries of arrays
- Folding at a depth level
- Auto-completion for commands
Use scout to read Property Lists
- Scripting OSX